Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Power of a Label. (Owning up to a "Username")

Dating back to when AIM first became popular, I could remember all the crazy ass screenames I used to see. Names like Diva981and Don123, I remember thinking to myself, "hey, I know these people in person, and they are most certainly not divas or dons. But if you had their AIM Screename and didnt know them personally, you would really think they were some motherfukking dons and divas. Lol. But that was long ago. Now, people are calling themselves all type of shit, some I believe dont even know the TRUE meaning of what they call themselves. Yea, I know, it's just "Twitter", "Facebook", "MySpace"...etc. But when you try to live up to a label, it becomes more than just that. And what's even more sillier than trying to live up to a label is giving other people a label. Labels like "Bum", "Basic", "Lame", etc... are thrown around frequently to the person they dislike or dont even know. Like, who the fuck are YOU to call someone 'basic" or "lame"? So what are you? "Un-basic", and "un-lame"? Ya kill me with that shit. And majority of the time. And im dead ass, cause I be on this social networking ish hard,8 outta 10 of who call others these labels, fall into the category of lame or basic. Can't tell them that though. Because PrettyPoppin917 is pretty and fucking poppin and has every right to call Cutegirl516 a basic bitch. Smh. And I dont have a conclusion or a point I'm trying to draw. I'll leave that up to you, the reader. Some of ya thinking I'm going in because someone called me "basic" or "lame". Ha. No. Just an early morning blog written from the top of my head. And again, If you are offended by this blog, then you're probably that basic bitch that thinks she is "Oso Poppin", or that bum dude that is "GucciDown"...(shrugs shoulders). See me, Im just the Lazaguncarrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment