Monday, September 20, 2010

GROWN!?

We are quick to say "I'm a grown ass man!", or "I'm a grown ass woman!" But are we really as grown as we say we are? I say "no" and I also say some of us have a lot of growing up to do. Part of being "grown" or growing up is being capable of taking responsibility for our bullshit. I dont care what anyone says, when something fucked up happens folks always want to put the blame on someone else. That shit aint grown at all. Hell, the shit we do we KNOW we shouldn't have done it so why blame someone? Take the L, realize that YOU fucked up, and keep it pushing. I cant stand people who make mistakes or get caught doing wrong and dont wanna own up to it or admit it to themselves and others that its their fault. What I learned is that people sometimes just need someone to blame. Being grown is more than just moving out your mom crib, making your own money, paying credit card and phone bills or being a parent. It's the responsibility you take on when performing these actions is what makes you an adult. So the next time you do something real dumb and get caught or make a legitimate mistake, dont look for someone to blame. Dont find an excuse; man up!

No comments:

Post a Comment