Thursday, August 19, 2010

You're TOO F@#king Loud! (Broadcasting your business while on the telephone.)

So I was in the salon today getting my wash and set and as I was getting my hair setted, I hear this woman underneath the dryer talking on the phone. I know, ya'll probably thinking I was all up in her conversation being nosey but sadly that was not the case. She was so loud that I didn't even have to try to listen to her conversation because it was the only thing you heard over the music playing, the hair dryers, the crying babies and the chitter-chatter from the other beauticians. What's a shame is that the person who's talking loud on the phone is never talking about good news. Only loud about the short-comings in their life. Never loud about achievements or other accomplishments they SHOULD be loud and proud about. We dont ever hear people shout about getting a degree, a promotion, or owning their own home. It's always bad news. This loud mouth girl in the salon was talking about how her sons father doesn't give her money for his tuition towards school, just slandering the man. I mean, I dont care it aint my business but I shouldn't have to hear it. And no one else should either. Its tacky. I know when we are upset (especially us ladies) we tend to raise our volume and at times we can be so angry that we don't care how loud we are. And then there is some people in the world who are just naturally loud all the time. They can't help it.

What encouraged me to write this blog is for the big mouths who DO care who listens to their conversations and get mad when certain shit they say gets repeated. If your in public places talking shit about people, dont you think you should watch your volume? Not just because you dont want your information being repeated or put out there, but for the sake of others around you who don't give a fuck if your lights about to get cut off or if your neighbor slept with your husband. Im not just targeting women because ya men can be loud as well. No one wants to hear about the freak you had over last night or how fucked up you was at the party. The wrong places to be talking shit on the phone real loud are hair salons, nail salons, the clinic, a lobby that has intercoms, the store, a train cart, the bus, your neighborhood DMV, or any public venue for that matter.

In general, we should watch what we say on the phone, how loud we say it or how we speak in public period. You never know who's listening. It could be someone important like a potential boss or someone who wants to give you an opportunity of a lifetime. You think whoever that person is will be willing to give you a job or an opportunity if you're out in the street cursing talking about fuck niggas and ima beat this bitch up and so on and so forth? And even if there is no one important around, just be quiet, we strangers dont wanna hear your problems. We have our own. :)

1 comment:

  1. Lmao.. word!! You right, you right.. I cannot believe the stuff I hear on the TRAIN, it's CRAZYYY!!!!!!

    Kudos, Shav..

    Mario.

    ReplyDelete